Monday, September 24, 2007

Tooth fairy a regular visitor

We had a combined service, Sunday School and fellowship lunch today. During lunch, I happened to be sitting next to Steve and Maureen, with Caleb across the table from me, so I showed Caleb’s teeth to Steve, the retired dentist, and remarked that I was wondering when that obviously ready tooth would come out. Steve said it would come out when it’s ready, and to let nature take its course. He went on about mothers bringing their kids into his practice, begging him to extract their teeth, but he said it’s not a good thing and not helpful, etc etc, and that the teeth will move about and do their own thing, etc etc. While he was talking, I noticed that the neighbouring tooth had a bit of blood around the gum, as Caleb had been eating, so gave it a gentle tug and it came out quite easily. I was so embarrassed, after Steve’s discourse about letting nature do its thing! It was very funny though, and everyone saw it happen…they all joked that they are going to report me to social services or child welfare. So, that’s four teeth out now. Caleb has a decided Alfred E. Neumann appearance now, with two big gaps, and the poor little middle tooth that is left, looking very skew and alone. The tooth fairy has come and gone in their room already, leaving ₤1 as usual.

No comments: