Sunday, September 09, 2007

Saturday's story

This morning was my turn to do the lesson in Good News Club. I spoke about the importance of reading the Bible, in preparation for the Bible-awards service next Sunday. After GNC we had to take Keisha home, but couldn’t get the car out of the garage as the gate was being fixed. With the strong winds the other night, the gate, which was open, swung out and was almost ripped out of the wall. So the guy who made the gate had to come and sort it out, with another chap’s help. We didn’t want to ask them to move their ladders and tools, so just waited until they finished. Keisha phoned home to let them know she wouldn’t be home soon, and then the five of us took a walk down to town, to get a DVD for the boys’ afternoon viewing. By the time we got home it was lunch time, so I made sandwiches and we all ate outside. It was quite nice having K around – she’s a very quiet sort of girl, but friendly and polite. I happened to bring some craft work downstairs – some letters needing cutting out for Aaron’s page – and she asked about it, so I explained what I was doing, and then after lunch took her up to my room to show her the scrapbook. She was extremely interested. I eventually took her home at about 1 pm, and then Nick and the boys and I settled down to watch “Herbie goes Bananas” – quite an old movie. Tammy stopped by while we were watching, to say that there would be no band practice again, but invited us all to come to their place for a cup of tea. We thought this would be nice, so as soon as the movie was finished, we headed off to their place in the country. Freezing cold and rainy, and as muddy as a concentration camp after 2000 prisoners have marched through the yard during a spring rain. We couldn’t let the kids play outside, so they all played in the bedroom, somehow managing to play hide and seek in such a confined space. The grown-ups chatted, and then Nick and Tammy played/sang two of their songs, and then Nick and I did a duet too (me under coercion). We left quite late, getting home at 5.25, and then it was a quick supper of burgers and onion rings, which was my supper plan anyway.

No comments: