Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cross & Blackwell

I bought mayonnaise today!!! My heart skipped a beat when I saw about six bottles sitting innocently on the shelf in Spar. I couldn’t believe my eyes. They must have got them in on Sunday’s ship, and unpacked them this morning. I have no doubt that they are already all sold out now. I bought two bottles of it, small bottles of Cross & Blackwell. We haven’t been able to buy mayo for at least two months. After Spar I went up to Queen Mary’s, in the hopes that their fruit had been unpacked, and once again, I rejoiced! I bought a bag of beautiful red tomatoes, and also a cucumber, and even a quarter of a watermelon (sliced today). Lunch was cheese and mayo sandwiches (with tomato on mine and Nick’s), and watermelon afterwards. Sheer luxury, I tell you.

No comments: