Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What else can fit up a nose?

Caleb says I must teach him how to write everything he doesn’t know how to write yet – what a tall order. I asked for an example, and he shrugged his shoulders and said, “Everything I don’t know, like um, hovercraft”. And I must also teach him how to read everything. Patience, little one! Aaron tries hard and I’m pleased to see that he’s not messing around when it comes to working in his workbooks. He does have a diligent side to him after all.

Nick started knocking down a stone wall separating the mango-tree garden from the concrete space which you see as you walk out the back door. He’s been wanting to do this for some time, and recently got the deacons’ approval. There is a lot of rubble and dust outside now and I don’t know how long it’s going to be that way. Aaron stuck a raisin up his nose. He panicked when he couldn’t pick it out, which had the opposite effect, which was when he started crying, eliciting Nick’s attention, a smack and a nose-blow.

No comments: