Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ask Dr Lynn

A lady approached me in Spar while I was selecting drumsticks, and asked if I was from the UK. I said no, then she asked if I knew about “St John’s Wharf”. “Ah yes,” said I, “St John’s Wort”. She wanted to know what it was for, so I said I would try find some information. Why on earth she should have asked me about it, I have no idea. I’ve never met her, and don’t usually have strangers wanting to pick my medical brain, for obvious reasons. It’s been proven that I have a brain (CAT scan a few years ago), but it certainly contains very little by way of medicinal practices and remedies. Anyway, I found a bit of info in an “Alternative Medicines” book, and photocopied it and let her have it. She wants to use it for depression, so I told her that depression can have many causes and different treatments. I invited her to church though.

No comments: