Monday, February 06, 2006

Starry starry night

This afternoon I read and Nick rested while the boys played in their room, then we went to the pool at about 3.30. I just didn’t feel like swimming, despite the heat, so I took a book and the video camera. Got some lovely footage of Caleb flying through the air into the water, and also of Aaron performing similar feats. Came home, put supper together, cleaned up, got ready for church, went to church, then home and put the boys down. Caleb fell asleep in church. Aaron played with my fingers, stroked my arm, shuffled, sucked his fingers, put a finger in his nose, stared at me, looked at his hymn book, and sat quietly for a while. Our service was quite well attended tonight, I think I counted 28 adults and about 5 children. There was a new couple, who said to Nick at the door that they think they will be back. That is very encouraging! Aaron woke Caleb up when the service was over, but Caleb was so tired that he sat up in his chair with his eyes closed. Nick and I were laughing at how many times his head kept flopping to the side. It was still so hot after church, that Nick and I lay on the grass and looked at the stars. It was cool outside with a bit of a breeze, and there are so many stars visible here. We picked out Orion’s Belt (that’s the easiest one) and then tried to figure out where the Southern Cross is. I think we found it, with its tail pointing south. We are going to get some information on the constellations and try identify them on a moonless night.

No comments: