Friday, February 24, 2006

Please can we get takeouts?

I made my first pompom last night, it was actually quite cute and I think I must make some more…you know, as more samples…different colours and sizes…but only because the kids should have lots to look at…you know. [Five months later Mrs Clevely was found dead under a pile of pompoms which had fallen out of a cupboard as she opened it, thus suffocating. Eye witnesses confirm that she had spent many days and nights pompomming, and that there were, in fact, several more cupboards filled with these woolly creations. It was a baa-d and unfortunate demise.]

After all the housework this morning, which started at 7.30 am, and a bit of painting with the boys (we made blobby paintings and then folded them in half to make symmetrically squishy blobby paintings), I took the boys to town, to finish off buying supplies for the crafts. I am now reasonably confident that other than things like soil, stones and twigs, I have everything I need.

I have really been battling to cook anything lately, simply because I have run out of ingredients, because there is not much of interest in the shops and it’s month end. Last night’s was packet macaroni cheese (you know, just add water and milk and boil it) with tinned viennas. Not very nice, mainly because the packet of macaroni cheese expired about a year ago, and the powder that had gotten inside the pasta had gone hard, and stayed that way during the cooking process, so the end result was crunchy macaroni with a crunchy filling. Nick didn’t really think I should try it again.

Aaron’s regular prayer has increased from his usual three phrases to about five or six now, something along the lines of “Djar Jesus, please give us more rain, and you must be good, and it’s nice to pray, and help us do good stuff and not be naughty and Amen.” He likes to point his little index finger at us and say “Jesus died on the cross for your sins.”

No comments: