Friday, June 19, 2015

Post-operative

After several anxious hours, dad and I headed back to the hospital when we'd had the phonecall to say it was done.  The surgeon came out and showed us the photo he had taken of the tumour - I think he was quite surprised himself!  It was roughly the shape and weight of a medium-sized apple - imagine having one of those living INSIDE your heart!!  My poor mom had been dragging this thing around with her.  Over these last two weeks, I've been back and forth to the hospital with my dad twice daily...unfortunately ICU visits are quite limited and mum has been in and out of sleep.  Glad to have been on hand though for foot rubs (hers, not mine), hand holding, hair brushing, and moral support for dad.  Actually we were mutual supports - some days we'd leave the hospital with dad in tears, other days I wasn't keeping it together so well - but never both of us at the same time!
Image may contain: one or more people and people eating
In between visits, I had a grand time visiting with family and a few friends.  It was a blessing, despite my mum's suffering, to be back in my homeland amongst 'my people'.  
No photo description available.
I got to see Nick's family too - and met the littlest nephew, Logan, for the first time!
Image may contain: 7 people, including Lynn Clevely and Jerome Main, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

Sadly, by the time I left my mum was still in hospital, but since writing this blog she has been discharged and is making slow progress from the comfort of home.  So thankful to the Lord for this opportunity to visit!

No comments: