Saturday, June 06, 2015

Hearty prayers answered

A week or two ago, my dear mum was diagnosed with having a tumour in her heart.  Surgery was scheduled rapidly, and I was wonderfully and generously sponsored to fly back to South Africa to visit. I asked the travel agent to get me on the earliest flight, as I desperately wanted to see my mom before she went in for the huge open-heart surgery.  We prayed for a miracle!
The surgery was scheduled for 7 am Saturday morning and my plane was supposed to land at 6.55 am. Well, the Lord graciously sped the Boeing along and we came in a few minutes early and since we had asked for my luggage to be prioritised I got out quickly.  Alan, Kate, Zoe, and my dad were at the airport to meet me with the news that surgery had been delayed until 8.  There was no real reason that we could fathom, other than once again, the Lord's working.  We raced to the hospital and found mum waiting on a gurney in the pre-surgery area. Thank you Lord for the beautiful answer to prayer...we had about 15 minutes together. During that time the theatre nurse asked if she could pray for us so we had a marvellous gathering.  Now follows the wait...
Image may contain: 5 people, including Philip Salzwedel and Lynn Clevely, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

No comments: