Saturday, September 20, 2008

In the garden

Over breakfast Nick found some songs of his that he’d recorded on to the computer – always good to hear his stuff that has been ‘buried’ for a long time!


Good News Club in the morning was well attended, and then we went to Pam and Jeff’s place for a cup of tea. We went briefly into town, just for some processed cheese slices and a few turkey slices with which to make snackwiches for lunch, which we did as soon as we got home. It was really windy in town, so we were glad to be back in the calmer, although colder, Longwood. Kay and Josh spent the afternoon with our boys, either here, or round and about the complex – it was sunny in the afternoon so I was really glad for the boys to be outside. The boys have taken ownership of the back bit of garden, and since the weather was good today we worked on it. Kay, Caleb and I cleared all the weeds, with Aaron and Josh sort of milling about, and then the three of us scouted around the complex for other things we could put in. We found quite a few little goodies, which we carefully uprooted and replanted. It does look very nice at the moment, but we’ll see what’s dead by tomorrow! Pam and Jeff gave us some solar garden lights which we planted in that garden too – four of them, neatly down the middle.



At 3 pm Nick left for Tammy, and I came in to sort out some beadwork…I queried my work permit yesterday, and was pleased to hear that it has been approved. It’s not official yet as I still need to pay the ₤30, but I will sort that out during the week. Kay was very keen to help with what I was doing, and Caleb chipped in too, poking holes into little bits of cardboard and then hanging earrings from them. Kay bought a pair, and then brought two friends from the complex to have a look at them too – one of them will be back tomorrow. I think I will be able to sell a lot of things by word of mouth! Kay and Josh had to leave at 5, and then I left the boys watching a DVD and took a quick walk to the shop. When I got back Nick arrived home, and then it was fishcakes for supper…

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

That is a picture of your work right? The earrings?

Why are they labeled with "Mrs. Chilcott's Creations?"