Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baker's Boy

Nick decided this morning that Caleb wouldn’t be able to go to Good News Club because of his coughing – he would run around too much and it would probably make it worse. I happily volunteered to stay home with him, although Nick was just as eager to take on the job! We managed to fit in a haircut for Nick this morning before he and Aaron left here. I did a bit of housework and hung up the washing with Caleb looking out the window – still not allowed outside because it was cold and damp. I didn’t really think the washing had much chance of drying, but I’m happy to report that the weather cleared and we had a lovely sunny afternoon. Still a very chilly wind in the air though.


Caleb decided that we should bake something, which actually suited me well as I had an outdated tin of Caramel Treat in the cupboard which I wanted to use. I first opened it to see if it was any good before diving into baking a cake! Caleb enjoyed the process of creaming the butter and vanilla essence, adding the eggs, then alternating the milk and flour combinations. We made quite a mess between the two of us, but it was fairly contained so not too bad to clean up.


I was just putting the cakes into the oven when Nick and Aaron arrived home. Apparently GNC was well attended which I am very pleased about. After lunch the boys invited Kay and Josh over to watch a DVD and then they stayed on and played all afternoon, mostly inside as I didn’t want Caleb outside too much, even in the sun. Aaron and Josh dug for worms in the front patch for a while.

No comments: