Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New domestic worker

I wanted to do something a bit more interesting with the boys and school today, so we decided to do school “out”. First though, the homeschool instructor guide said that today’s activity was to help wash the dishes. With hesitation and trepidation I announced this to Caleb, who was so excited that he couldn’t wait to get started. Fortunately I had some easy dishes to do – a few plates from last night’s toast, and this morning’s breakfast dishes, and the pot from the Jungle Oats. He did an excellent job, I must say, standing on a chair over the sink. I did some video footage because it was so funny and unique. I wonder how long I will be able to milk his enthusiasm for dishwashing! The dishes done, we packed all the books and took to Longwood. Unfortunately, as I had anticipated, it was raining and windy there, so we just went to the shop, bought juice, chips and a marshmallow bar for our “tenzes” which we ate in the car. Had to go home for school.

Grocery shopping this afternoon, and quite a good shop. I was pleased to get almost everything on my list in one afternoon, and even got about nine grapefruits quite reasonably from Queen Mary’s. The boys were so excited when I got home and told them about those! Also got a 10kg bag of potatoes for £6.50 from Spar…and then saw them advertised for £4 at QM’s!! I have no idea if this is expensive by South African standards because I didn’t buy such big bags.

No comments: