Monday, June 05, 2006

Day at home

Well, I didn’t wallow today. Instead I launched myself into homeschooling, then housework with a vengeance. I got while lazy while mom and dad were here (okay, more while mom was here) because she took over the washing of dishes, mopping of floors, vacuuming, hanging up washing, taking down said washing, folding washing, brushing boys’ teeth, attending to their bath, making them toast, cutting their apples…see, I said it was nice having them here. Anyway, today I started getting annoyed with the house again, so after a very good hour or so of schooling, where the boys concentrated and did all the right things and Caleb hadn’t forgotten his flashcards from last ‘term’, I cleaned…I used the squeegee thing so that was fun, and I cleaned the stove top, and ironed, and peeled and chopped about 14 tomatoes and cooked those up to freeze so they don’t go off, and cleaned the bathroom, and cleaned out the fridge a bit, and tidied in the lounge and diningroom (that’s a horrible daily thing because it keeps getting undone), AND I made toast and cut apples and supplied yoghurt, and blew Caleb’s runny nose about 20 times. So it turned out to be a highly productive day and I’m well satisfied. This morning I went all the way to the top of Jacob’s Ladder from my halfway starting point, so that’s very good. Blimming hard work, I must say. My face was still red after I had bathed. Right now I’m trying to get the next year’s h/s curriculum ordered. It’s quite tricky because there are some things which are included and some which are not which I might need, so I have to be quite sure I know what’s going on. Nick and I are both very impressed with the curriculum we have at the moment, but feel it is a bit too easy for Caleb, so we’ll cover it in 36 weeks instead of spreading it out over the year, and then start with the next level in January. They get quite expensive though – the next one is $700!!

No comments: