Friday, April 06, 2007

RMS finally underway

Today was hot, for lack of a better description. Very, very hot. Clear skies all day – Nick said there was a haze over the valley it was so hot. Must have been at least 28! School was much better this morning than the past few days, I actually even enjoyed it again. We had a bit of extra work to cover, but even with that I was finished before 12. No horrible time-consuming worksheets to get through this time – I guess that must have been the time saver. After school I went to town for bread, which has to see us through until Tuesday, and also quickly went to Victoria’s for wool, to get started on a winter crocheted hat. It’s not exactly like we need hats and scarves – simply for fun!

The RMS has finally left the UK, yesterday at 5 pm. It is due to arrive here on 18th April, 11 days behind schedule. I didn’t catch the full news broadcast where they announced the new forward schedule for the next few weeks, so I’m not sure what exactly they’re doing yet, whether they’re cancelling a voyage, or trying to make up lost time (which I think is possible, but over a few months), or simply rearranging the whole schedule, which doesn’t seem very likely.

No comments: